+ You would be supporting our clients with their custom application needs, including writing new code, making code changes, changing layout, and adding new features and functionality.
+ You would be delivering across the entire application life cycle from concept, design, build, deploy, test, release support.
+ You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Freshdesk for tech support tickets and Slack for team communication. There are occasionally some team meetings done via Zoom.
+ You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
+ You decide what you want your hours to be. You just need to communicate with the team regularly.
+ You get paid on an hourly basis.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 25-40 hours per week. Requests vary in scope and size and some take longer than others.
- You can commit to the position for at least twelve months.
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
This is a contract position and payments are made every two weeks, in accordance with our payroll schedule.
how to apply
We want a superstar to join our team, someone who we can trust to get the job done right and be a team player. If you think that’s you, we want to hear from you.
Make sure this job is the right fit for you, and make sure you’re the right fit for this job.
If you’re interested in applying please use the form below or send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter include the following:
- Provide a list of the platforms you’re comfortable working in (e.g. Django, React JS, Postgre, etc.)
- Let us know your experience with working with data in tables (grids, sorting, filtering, etc)
- Let us know your experience with API design and development, as well as integration with other 3rd party API services.
- Let us know your experience with developing applications with role-based security.
- Tell us what your two superpowers are
- Show us where we can find your online portfolio
- Let us know what your hourly rate is
(We love good cover letters. Make sure you address ALL four items above in full.)
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call. We are hiring multiple team members, based upon skills and experience.
Please no phone calls, emails directly to team members, LinkedIn connection requests or Facebook messages. Only applicants who have followed the instructions and applied via the form below or email to email@example.com will be considered.